Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tomas_bar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 13:42:16 UTC

Newbie question about war file deployment

Hi,
I've generated a war file using GWT. I have placed it in the webapps folder
of the tomcat directory (which is installed locally).
How do I now start the application from a client browser?
I have tried http://localhost:8080/ApplicationName
but it doesnt work. I guess I'm missing something basic.
Thanks very much for any help.

RE: Newbie question about war file deployment

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: tomas_bar [mailto:bartomas@gmail.com]
> Subject: Newbie question about war file deployment
>
> I've generated a war file using GWT. I have placed it in the webapps
> folder of the tomcat directory (which is installed locally).

Tomcat version?  JVM level?  OS?  What's the name of the .war file?

> How do I now start the application from a client browser?
> I have tried http://localhost:8080/ApplicationName
> but it doesnt work.

What does "doesnt [sic] work" mean?  What error messages are you really getting?  What's in the Tomcat logs?

> I guess I'm missing something basic.

Providing actual facts would be a good start.

 - Chuck