Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/05/18 01:34:22 UTC

Testing our runtime in Web containers, was: Java SCA 0.90 branch

This support for webapps raises the question of testing, and in
particular integration tests in our various hosting environments: J2SE
and Web apps with Tomcat and/or Jetty.

Most of our integration tests run in J2SE today. I think we need a way
to run the same integration test suite in Web apps with both Tomcat and
Jetty. Web containers present a pretty different environment, different
classloaders,  slightly different packaging structure etc, which may
affect or break our runtime, so we need serious testing in these
environments too.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Testing our runtime in Web containers, was: Java SCA 0.90 branch

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, we really need this... things work very differently based on witch
web container you are using :(

And now that you mentioned, I tried our calculator-web in jetty and it was
not working, so I committed a small fix under revision #539208 to make it
working for TC and Jetty.

On 5/17/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> This support for webapps raises the question of testing, and in
> particular integration tests in our various hosting environments: J2SE
> and Web apps with Tomcat and/or Jetty.
>
> Most of our integration tests run in J2SE today. I think we need a way
> to run the same integration test suite in Web apps with both Tomcat and
> Jetty. Web containers present a pretty different environment, different
> classloaders,  slightly different packaging structure etc, which may
> affect or break our runtime, so we need serious testing in these
> environments too.
>

> Luciano Resende wrote:
> > I have committed to trunk, under revision # r539127 a fix to place
> > sca-contribution on the right location in a war file, this also had a
> > small
> > change on the host-webapp module in order to properly find the root of
> > the
> > contribution. Should these changes be merged into the branch ? What's
> the
> > right process to do this ? Just merge ? or via JIRA ?
> >

> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer