Posted to user@ant.apache.org by JWM <te...@malcolms.com> on 2006/03/02 07:42:51 UTC

Generating rotating file name?

I need to generate a 4-cycle rotating file name based on the day (first day
= "file.1", second day = "file.2, .. fifth day = "file.1" (repeating).

Basically I need to generate a string that is "Julian date mod 4" to append
to my base filename.  <Tstamp> with the DateFormatter gives me a lot of
options.  But I don't see this one.

Is there a way to get a numeric value (i.e. Julian date from tstamp) and do
a 'mod' operation on it to get a new property?

Is there a better way to get a rotating string that increments each day,
then repeats after a specified max?

Thx