Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Riley Lloyd <ri...@me.com> on 2013/08/06 21:28:01 UTC

New Application Including Apache

Dear Apache Corporation,

I am an an Apple Mobile Developer who would like to make a new web designing solution for today's web enthusiasts.

My idea is to create an app that works as an offline server for the iPad device. Sort of like the MAMP program for Mac. To have the local server, I was wondering what, if any, external resources apache needs or uses to run on Mac, so that I can hopefully manipulate it to run on the iPad mobile substrate with PHP, and MSQL.

Thank You For Your Time,
Riley Lloyd

Sent from my iPad

Re: New Application Including Apache

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Riley Lloyd <ri...@me.com> wrote:

> Dear Apache Corporation,
>
> I am an an Apple Mobile Developer who would like to make a new web
> designing solution for today's web enthusiasts.
>
> My idea is to create an app that works as an offline server for the iPad
> device. Sort of like the MAMP program for Mac. To have the local server, I
> was wondering what, if any, external resources apache needs or uses to run
> on Mac,

Mac OS X ships with Apache httpd, so by definition it doesn't need any
additional pieces for the web server itself.

You can use the httpd which is part of OS X or, by installing Xcode and
perhaps a few other tools, build whatever version you want.

> so that I can hopefully manipulate it to run on the iPad mobile substrate
> with PHP, and MSQL.

YMMV on the suitability of other pieces bundled by OS X and/or their own
requirements.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/