Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com> on 2009/11/03 17:39:51 UTC

Conversion of CMYK Image into RGB Image

Hi,

As Jeremias stated in the other mail,

*[Currently, bitmaps are encoded in sRGB if a CMYK bitmap is encountered for the PostScript render]*

Please someone point me to this source code, where the conversion happening for CMYK to RGB. I have given the
PSImageUtils class by the Jeremias, but failed to find the code related to this.

Thanks in advance,
Venkat.

Re: Conversion of CMYK Image into RGB Image

Posted by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

I have created CMYK color images with *.tif extension, but failed to
create the same image as GIF,JPEG. The Corel Photo Paint X4 converting
CMYK color space to default RGB color space when saving as GIF and JPEG
etc.
Could you please tell me, how do I create GIF and JPEG images with CMYK
color space? If this tool doesn't support, please specify another tool...

Thanks,
Venkat.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Venkat

Sorry, but I can't reproduce that. I do get the red rectangle even with
the renderer. Please check if you get any error messages in the log in
the renderer case.

On 05.11.2009 11:37:36 Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> I am trying to test the CMYK color image with the fop trunk. The image
> is getting displayed only with the Painter, and the renderer is not
> showing the image in postscript output file.
> As you stated, the renderer should convert this CMYK image to sRGB
> image, but I found only painter is doing the job.
> I am attaching my testcase with this mail and the image as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat.
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Hi Venkat,
> >
> > that's [1], method encodeRenderedImageAsRGB() in the case of PostScript
> > output.
> >
> > [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/ps/ImageEncodingHelper.java?view=markup
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > On 03.11.2009 17:39:51 Venkat Reddy wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> As Jeremias stated in the other mail,
> >>
> >> *[Currently, bitmaps are encoded in sRGB if a CMYK bitmap is encountered for the PostScript render]*
> >>
> >> Please someone point me to this source code, where the conversion happening for CMYK to RGB. I have given the
> >> PSImageUtils class by the Jeremias, but failed to find the code related to this.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Venkat.
> >>

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Conversion of CMYK Image into RGB Image

Posted by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

Posted by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

Sorry, It was my fault looking at the old file. I have updated the code
and found the related code..

Thanks once again,
Venkat.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Venkat,

that's [1], method encodeRenderedImageAsRGB() in the case of PostScript
output.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/ps/ImageEncodingHelper.java?view=markup

HTH

On 03.11.2009 17:39:51 Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Jeremias stated in the other mail,
>
> *[Currently, bitmaps are encoded in sRGB if a CMYK bitmap is encountered for the PostScript render]*
>
> Please someone point me to this source code, where the conversion happening for CMYK to RGB. I have given the
> PSImageUtils class by the Jeremias, but failed to find the code related to this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Venkat.

Jeremias Maerki