Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by lis <li...@ukrindustrial.com> on 2003/10/02 14:02:07 UTC

ugly urls

Hi All
I am new in tapestry
I am choosing java web framework for the new big application now.
Tapestry is the best as for me based on its features and ideas.
But very grieve ugly URLs of tapestry applications
for examle (from "workbench" application):
http://localhost:8080/workbench/app?service=direct/1/Dates/$Border.pageLink&sp=SPalette
http://localhost:8080/workbench/app?service=direct/1/Palette/$Border.pageLink&sp=SChart

This kind of URLes is good for backoffices,
but for front pages of site it is badly IMHO

As for me, for users is more convenient, whan urles has clear display
for example:
http://localhost:8080/workbench/palette
http://localhost:8080/workbench/chart

I have question: is the technique of using tapastry,
when URLes is more clear then  from example "workbench" application ?

Is the search engines good indexing tapestry applications with its
ugly URLes ?