Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2001/04/29 02:14:20 UTC

Re: $dbh->disconnect with Apache::DBI? (was Re: Failed requests inbenchmark)

Philip Mak wrote:

> I noticed something weird in my database logs, though:
>
> 010427 22:36:41  Aborted connection 2544 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
> 'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
> 010427 22:37:14  Aborted connection 2546 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
> 'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
> 010427 22:54:11  Aborted connection 2601 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
> 'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
>
> Reading some other mailing list messages suggests that I did not do
> $dbh->disconnect() properly. But I'm using Apache::DBI, so should I need
> to do that?

I would expect to see these messages if your web scripts were
issuing database calls and the httpd processes got killed with
a apachectl stop/start.  There might then be aborted connections
at the database end.  There is probably a graceful way to issue
a full stop, before a clean start ( not apachectl graceful ),
but I don't know what it is.

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA