Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/30 12:38:54 UTC

Consumer pom and relative disk paths for parent pom

Hi,
when we move to the consumer pom we can leverage the disk layout of
projects inside the same repository while looking for the parent pom.

Currently you can use the <relativePath/> element to refer to the location
of a parent pom, AFAIK this is only an hint for Maven and for tools: you
must always copy all of the coordinates of the parent module because when
you publish your pom the consumer must be able to find such parent module
from remote repositories, without having the physical layout of the source
code.

With the consumer pom with can let the build pom have only the relativePath
element and then we will fill the consumer (deployed) pom with the
effective parent coordinates.

This will simply a lot this part of Maven that is quite annoying for users

Thoughts?
Enrico

Re: Consumer pom and relative disk paths for parent pom

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me (I have also approved on github)

We need more eyes on this patch.

Thanks Robert

Enrico

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.