Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2004/06/04 22:41:12 UTC

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

A lot of these wiki changes come from apache committers.
Do you think it is possible to tag these changes so we can skip
reviewing these for vandalism?

I don't know the inner workings of the moin wiki system but if we
could separate the changes from committers from the rest it would
certainly reduce the workload.

Something like:
1) put the "Editor:" field in the mail header
2) make sure only apache committers can create wiki accounts with an
apache email address.
    - disallow creating apache.org account from the website
    - provide a shell script to register a apache.org wiki account
      (for users with server access)

This way we can trust the change emails from "Editor: ...@apache.org"
and put those into a separate mail folder.

If we are changing the email header, putting the URL in a mail header
would also be nice ;-)

Does this sounds realistic?

-- Dirk

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>>Or perhaps we should have a
>>>commons-wiki@jakarta.apache.org list that
>>>committers should subscribe too. Its simple
>>>and keeps these messages out of the archives.
>

>>that would be really cool. and CVS-SPAM too...
>

> See, when someone starts talking about CVS commit notices as SPAM, I know
> that there is the wrong attitude.  No one who is developing Jakarta Commons,
> as opposed to developing WITH Jakarta Commons, should be considering commit
> notices as SPAM.  Perhaps there are people on this list who should be on the
> user list, instead.

+1, well put.

RE: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>
wrote:
> Or perhaps we should have a
> commons-wiki@jakarta.apache.org list that
> committers should subscribe too. Its simple and
> keeps these messages out of
> the archives.

that would be really cool. and CVS-SPAM too...

commons is  pretty big, and it's dificult to filter
discussions and Q&A from all the automated messages...

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Or perhaps we should have a commons-wiki@jakarta.apache.org list that
committers should subscribe too. Its simple and keeps these messages out of
the archives.

Stephen

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
If I see a wiki mail that "rdonkin@apache.org" has updated
"Logging/1.0.4ReleasePlan" then I will look at it differently then if
an unknown user does it.

I thrust Robert more and so I only look at the page at the end of the
week. If an unknown user does an update then I/we should review it asap.

When the LDAP solution is ready the wiki apache account creation
should be automated as well of course.

-- Dirk

RE: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
That is my only point. I want to use a mail filter separating the
"trusted" changes (from apache committers) from the untrusted (unknown
users).

Both should be reviewed but with a different priority.

Just my €0.02.

-- Dirk

RE: [Wiki SPAM]

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.