Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Ortius, Helga" <He...@realtech.com> on 2005/06/15 18:52:05 UTC

Https and remote testing

Hallo,

I am trying to use remote testing in order to create an appropriate load on a portal. My problem is testing from the "client" which orchestrates the requests to the remote hosts if remote testing is done, works fine. I can call the login page of the portal using https and authentication is no problem. However using remote testing (still using https) the request forwarded to the remote hosts does not get authenticated. jmeter.log on the remote hosts tells me:

2005/06/15 18:46:45 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: You may have forgotten to set the ssl.provider property in jmeter.properties java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:145)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:462)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:590)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:578)
 at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:281)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is it possible that the remote hosts do not automatically understand https? Do I need to configure that so that they do or am I off track here? If I need to configure them - I would be more than glad if someone could point me to documentation regarding this.

Thank you very much in advance for any input on this :)!

Best Regards,
Helga

Re: Https and remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Did you edit the jmeter.properties file on the remote server to set up
the ssl property?

S.