Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gu...@zephion.net on 2001/03/08 17:43:13 UTC

Null pointer exception using Oreilly multipart classes on Sparc

We are using Jason's MultiPart classes to upload files.  They tested out
fine on our NT development platform using Sun JDK 1.3.  Our production
environment is Sun Solaris on Sparc, using Sun JDK 1.3. On Sun, upload of
text files work fine, but trying to upload a Microsoft Word document results
in a null pointer exception.  I haven't debugged this yet, but I notice a
file of zero size with the correct name in the upload directory, so the file
part is obviously being found.

We have a different app on a different Sparc box using JDK 1.2.2, and it
appears to work okay.  Are there any known issues with the Multipart classes
on JDK 1.3 on Sparc?