Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by email builder <em...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/15 01:50:01 UTC

relocating tmp files?

Greetings,

  I have been under the apparently false presumption that spamd prcessed its messages in
memory (perhaps this explains why each spamd process can oft take up to 25% cpu?).  I
recently looked in /tmp and found lots of left over spamassassin.xxxx.xxxxxx.tmp files
(the first four x's are numeric, the second set of x's are alpha-numeric).

  I am interested in placing those files in a tmpfs, but do not want to put my whole /tmp
directory under tmpfs.... but I can't for the life of me find any configuration settings
that tell spamd where to place its temp files.  Do I need to change something in the code
itself?

  Pointers to anything I missed or other help greatly appreciated!  I am running 3.0rc5
(as I understand it, only documentation changes were made between rc5 and the official
release), Fedora core 2, 2.8GHtz hyperthreaded Pentium IV, 1 GB RAM, spamc out of Courier
Maildrop to spamd.  Spamd pounds my system all day long (cpu but not memory).  I run
max-children beween 5 and 8 (and all user prefs in (My)SQL, as well as AWL and Bayes,
although I cannot run bayes/awl without mail backing up, as it appears to be too slow).

Thanks!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail