Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Rasik Pandey <rb...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/13 19:25:40 UTC

linkmap or site.xml to generate rss feed for inclusion into google sitemaps program

Hi,

Sorry for the cross-posting, but this maybe useful to the dev folks as I
don't see it on the TODO list. I was wondering if anyone has created a
simple stylesheet and made a sitemap.xmap modification to generate something
like a linkmap-rss.xml file which could be submitted to google's sitemap
program. If you are unfamiliar with the google sitemaps program please see :
http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/other.html#feed<https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/other.html#feed>,
for more info.

 Regards,
RBP
http://www.discountdracula.com

Re: linkmap or site.xml to generate rss feed for inclusion into google sitemaps program

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Tim Williams wrote:
>> Sorry for the cross-posting, but this maybe useful to the dev folks as I
>>don't see it on the TODO list.
>

> I imagine every dev also subscribes to user@forrest so no need to cross-post.

Correct. No need to cross post

> It was discussed in these two threads, it just never got converted
> from discussion to a new feature in JIRA.

Yes, and the discussion is carrying on in the dev list if any users are
interested.

Ross

Re: linkmap or site.xml to generate rss feed for inclusion into google sitemaps program

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
>  Sorry for the cross-posting, but this maybe useful to the dev folks as I
> don't see it on the TODO list.

I imagine every dev also subscribes to user@forrest so no need to cross-post.

> I was wondering if anyone has created a
> simple stylesheet and made a sitemap.xmap modification to generate something
> like a linkmap-rss.xml file which could be submitted to google's sitemap
> program. If you are unfamiliar with the google sitemaps program please see :
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/other.html#feed
> , for more info.

It was discussed in these two threads, it just never got converted
from discussion to a new feature in JIRA.

--tim