Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Claude Petitpas <cl...@corecomputing.ca> on 2021/02/25 17:28:28 UTC

TOTP keeps failing

I've finally been able to install guacamole on my Ubuntu VM and am now able
to bring up the login page in my browser. Once I input the default username
and password a QR code is displayed where I scan with my phone, open Google
Authenticator and the 6 digit code is displayed. Unfortunately, when I
input the code, it just returns that it has failed. Tried numerous times
now. Cleared browser cache, restarted Ubuntu, look into the
guacamole/extensions directory and the appropriate .jar file is there.

Not sure where to go from here?

Cheers

--
Claude Petitpas, A+, Net+, MCP, Windows Server 2003
Owner/ Operator of CORE Computing Inc

[image: Core Computing Inc Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/ComputingCore/>  [image: Core Computing Inc
Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CoreComputing03>  [image: Core Computing Inc
Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/corecomputing03/>  [image: Core
Computing Inc Google Plus]
<https://plus.google.com/b/100774752171999007901/+COREComputingDoaktown>

340 Main Street, Doaktown, New Brunswick, Canada, E9C 1E3
Phone +1.506.365.7623 or Phone or text: +1.506.474.3339
only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please
notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy
this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written document
is signed on behalf of the company.

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 4:22 AM Claude Petitpas <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Just took a quick look at guacamole.properties and this is all that shows:
> mysql-hostname: localhost
> mysql-port: 3306
> mysql-database: guacamole_db
> then username and password for mysql.
>
> that's it

When verification fails, what failure message do you see specifically? And
what message(s) appear in the Guacamole logs when this occurs?

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://enterprise.glyptodon.com/>.

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Claude Petitpas <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Claude Petitpas <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Claude Petitpas <dr...@gmail.com>.
Well unless you have any other suggestions that I should try first, I'll
give that a try.

Thank you

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Claude Petitpas <dr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, both the Ubuntu VM and my phone are showing the same date and times.
Anyway to disable this function for the time being?

Thanks

Re: TOTP keeps failing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.