Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Justin Hartman <jj...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/29 21:06:12 UTC

(SOLVED) Searching via http & statistical data

Thanks guys for all your help and support with this issue. I have
managed to get it working.

Those sneaky pests at SWsoft hid the /WEB-INF/classes/ folder away
from normal viewing but on looking at the catalina.out log file
(located at /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out) I was able to see where and
how they hid the xml config file.

The nutch-site.xml file is located at
/var/cache/tomcat5/work/PSA/domain.com/_/WEB-INF/classes/nutch-site.xml
and as soon as I added the code below and restarted Tomcat I could
search via the http side.

  <property>
    <name>searcher.dir</name>
    <value>/usr/local/nutch/crawl</value>
  </property>

The only problem now is that if I stop and start tomcat my changes
made in the nutch-site.xml file are automatically overwritten to blank
data all compliments of Plesk.

This however is workable for now as I'll be moving away from Plesk
completely once my site is live and then the default tutorials will
work.
--
Regards
Justin Hartman