Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/12/02 16:23:25 UTC

ZooKeeper Exception during job

Hey-

I was running a write-intensive job overnight and when I checked in this morning it had taken longer than I anticipated so I looked at the logs and found that ZooKeeper had a brief disconnection about an hour into it. I pasted a snippet of the log here ->  http://pastebin.com/m47ab4c74

The problem resolved itself after about 40 seconds, yet the WARN messages repeated a bunch of times in that short period. Is this something that just happens or is there a way to keep the servers connected? Thanks!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original message.

Re: ZooKeeper Exception during job

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Wrt ZK log messages we are working on both the verbosity issue and the
content itself. In particular see 565 here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HBaseAndZooKeeper

Our goal has always been to be in a position to provide you answers if
you come to us and say "my app failed, what happened", in some cases we
are being too aggressive in this regard. Many of these will be addressed
in the upcoming ZK 3.3.0 release. (a few months out)

If you do see issues feel free to create a ZK JIRA, the changes we are
making for the most part have been driven by user feedback, please keep
it coming.

Regards,

Patrick

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.