Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Vaisberg <wo...@vaisberg.de> on 2008/03/14 10:12:31 UTC

Experience for maven GUI plugin for Eclipse and release M2-09

Hi,

I regards the whole discussion over Maven plugin for Eclipse(M2 or
q4e.googlecode). I looked both and can say that both are only plugin for
integrating Maven in Eclipse.

1.Project.

The plugins does not get ahead as a Java project with archetype to
produce. Whole view on the produced project comes only from archetype.
It is too few. It must come Eclipse projects purely. What means that?
Thus if I produce a Web project, then not only created the Maven
structure. It must also WTP configuration with server and so on be
created (WEB). So equal for EJB, EAR, JPA, Spring and co. Also it would
not be bad that missing Plugin for kind is downloaded by project. Around
the problem to release I must turn at the end to maven eclipse plugin.
It can partly generate it and by hand, then the files in setting adapt
or produce.

2. Repository.

It does not give Repository to administration, where I can integrate
still local Repository. Also

the categorization of Repository is missing. In project I need only
Spring, then JPA and commons from Apache. Then I would like jar and
plugin for only Spring and JPA and commons to see.

HP. Today I looked at M2-09. And it can say that plugin has itself
better. It does not delete no more XML pattern of project away and
generates a good project.xml. But other is missing. Add from dependence
is presented only a one dependence and if I must put on 5 dependency?

Alexaner Vaysberg