Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2004/09/04 13:04:36 UTC

[book bug] Recommends a method which produces out-of-order svn:date props

At the end of:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch05s03.html#svn-ch-5-sect-3.5

there is an example of using svnadmin load in a way which produces
out-of-order svn:date props.

I don't think we should be recommending that.

Max.

Re: [book bug] Recommends a method which produces out-of-order svn:date props

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Max Bowsher wrote:
> At the end of:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch05s03.html#svn-ch-5-sect-3.5
>
> there is an example of using svnadmin load in a way which produces
> out-of-order svn:date props.
>
> I don't think we should be recommending that.

I agree.

Can we state a distinct policy on out-of-order repositories.  The last time I recall this being mentioned, the discussion ended with "Well, most Subversion operations still work.  As long as revisions are in date order within each major project tree in the repository, then everything will still work within a project tree, and you will have to avoid doing some operations that span different trees."

- Julian