Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 12:14:40 UTC

[offlist] Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation

Talk to George, he's a world expert on Aspects

(and co-author of a book on the subject)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321245873/qid=1149502393/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-7435876-8007311?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Regards,
Tim

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Maybe we should start thinking more with that in mind and think about
>> scratching our own itches in terms of development... we might find some
>> serious innovation on the way to there.
>>

> I think the disagreement boils down to defining the "itch".  I'm not
> interested in the overhead because while we will own the VM for our
> distro, it's still overhead and additionally, we want others w/ VMs to
> use our classlibrary too (like Sun, BEA, IBM, Apple... )
>
> I'm going to dork around w/ aspects to see if we can make the addition
> of debugging a pre-processing step used by people that want to debug...
>
> geir

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [offlist] Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:17:50AM +0100, Tim Ellison wrote:
> [Eek!  ok so you can see that wasn't intended to go onto the list]

FWIW and IMVHO, this kind of thing is entirely appropriate on-list :-)

> Apologies for embarrassing George (... but buy the book anyway<g>)

I just might!

--

LSD

Re: [offlist] Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Cool - he can tell us how it's done then :)

geir