Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Senthilkumar Jayakumar <SJ...@advaoptical.com> on 2018/10/02 08:14:40 UTC

How to specify to make use of the latest version of hibernate jars using maven?

Hi There,
In my project Spring (4.3.3) and Hibernate (5.0.11.Final) and JPA (2.1) is currently used and I would like to upgrade the Hibernate version from 5.0.11.Final to 5.3.6.Final. There is no specific version of hibernate mentioned in pom.xml but still 5.0.11 version is being downloaded and used.  Also, I tried explicitly specifying the version in the pom.xml but still executing "make clean install " I could still see both 5.0.11.Final & 5.3.6.Final  version jars are being downloaded, but still  5.0.11.Final version is being used/packaged along with the application jar.

It is still unclear to me as to how the hibernate version is chosen as 5.0.11 and how I can specify to start using 5.3.6. I have shared the details of jar's and repositories being used below.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

[cid:image001.png@01D45A53.FBB36350]

Hibernate related jar used:
[cid:image002.png@01D45A54.A59FE820]

Spring related jar used:
[cid:image003.png@01D45A54.CF9FDC20]

Following repositories are being used:

[cid:image004.png@01D45A55.71EA2F80]

Thanks,
Senthil Jayakumar

Re: How to specify to make use of the latest version of hibernate jars using maven?

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
I would...
1) Look at the dependency tree and see how it's being included.
2) Add an exclude for hibernate for how it's being included.
3) Add a dependency for hibernate to the version you want to use.

I might not do step 2.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,