Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/11/21 15:40:12 UTC

Early review of DUCC pre-release - install (as single user) requirements

The installation instructions say that even for a single user, you must have a
userid "ducc" and group "ducc".

This limits the scope of people trying it out to those who can get this.  In my
setup, although I have access to some linux machines, these are on "shared"
boxes, and I don't have the authority to set up new users and groups.

Is this a requirement that can be relaxed for single-user setup and testing?

-Marshall

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - install (as single user) requirements

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
I believe there is no enforcement in the code to have userid and group set.
Perhaps all we need is to modify the documentation. Not sure why this
ended in the install documentation. Anybody wish to comment?