Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anthony Muller <An...@hyperoffice.fr> on 2006/08/25 14:35:09 UTC

How to log SVN operations ?

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to log "svnserve" operations in order to know when they seem to be very slow.

Thanks for reply!

Anthony

Anthony MÜLLER
HyperOffice
E-learning Company
www.hyperoffice.fr

Re: How to log SVN operations ?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Aug 25, 2006, at 16:35, Anthony Muller wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to log "svnserve" operations in order to know
> when they seem to be very slow.

As far as I know, there is no logging available for svnserve.

Re: How to log SVN operations ?

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
si wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
>> I'm looking for a way to log "svnserve" operations in order to know
>> when they seem to be very slow.
>
> No doubt Ryan is correct about the lack of inbuilt logging,
> but would a network sniffer suffice?
>
> Just tested wireshark.org with capture filter: tcp port 3690
> and with some user input (giving approximate time of problem)
> that may be help track down the issue?
>
> Failing that, compiling from source and adding your own log?

There is a Google Summer project to add logging to svnserve.  I don't know the
status of it, but you could search the dev list.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<bl...@orcaware.com>

Re: How to log SVN operations ?

Posted by si <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anthony,

> I'm looking for a way to log "svnserve" operations in order to know when they seem to be very slow.

No doubt Ryan is correct about the lack of inbuilt logging,
but would a network sniffer suffice?

Just tested wireshark.org with capture filter: tcp port 3690
and with some user input (giving approximate time of problem)
that may be help track down the issue?

Failing that, compiling from source and adding your own log?

peace
si