Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/21 23:07:55 UTC

4.1 status?

Hi all,

I want to start checking in some code, some of it I had prepared long
ago, but it was not suitable to check it back then.
One of the modifications is just moving code around in
org.apache.tapestry.listener to allow a more flexible handling of the
listener results via HiveMind. This will allow for example integration
of Tapestry with some page flow systems. There is practically no new
code involved, just a reorganization.

What is the current state of 4.1? Should I check in code in the head or
in a particular branch? I am asking since I am only now starting to
contribute again :)

-mb

Re: 4.1 status?

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jesse,

Just to say that I have been observing the recent development of the
framework and I like what you have been doing very much...

 > (obviously I've not had as much interactions with you as others but
 > have played with your code enough ;) )
I hope it has not been too troublesome... :)

I will create a new branch and place my code there to preserve the
stability.

Best regards,
- mb

Re: 4.1 status?

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
Jesse Kuhnert a écrit :
> The current 4.1 trunk code is fairly stable. It's not that a few
> glitches here and there aren't acceptable so much as the fact that new
> snapshot versions of it go out every few days ago to people actively
> using it within their projects. As long as we don't accidentally
> release any "oh shit this really critical part of my app just stopped
> completely working" sort of things it would be reasonable to put them
> in trunk.
Hello,

I'm discovering/studying Tapestry for a future project.
Should I start with Tapestry 4.1 ?
Is available documentation on Internet for Tapestry will be enough to
learn 4.1 version ?

Thanks for you comment,
cyrille.

Re: 4.1 status?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hello MindBridge! Welcome back, I'm sure we are all glad to hear it.
(obviously I've not had as much interactions with you as others but
have played with your code enough ;) )

The current 4.1 trunk code is fairly stable. It's not that a few
glitches here and there aren't acceptable so much as the fact that new
snapshot versions of it go out every few days ago to people actively
using it within their projects. As long as we don't accidentally
release any "oh shit this really critical part of my app just stopped
completely working" sort of things it would be reasonable to put them
in trunk. Otherwise, creating a new branch to get new code in is
fairly trivial and easy to merge back in when you think it's ready.

On 11/21/06, Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to start checking in some code, some of it I had prepared long
> ago, but it was not suitable to check it back then.
> One of the modifications is just moving code around in
> org.apache.tapestry.listener to allow a more flexible handling of the
> listener results via HiveMind. This will allow for example integration
> of Tapestry with some page flow systems. There is practically no new
> code involved, just a reorganization.
>
> What is the current state of 4.1? Should I check in code in the head or
> in a particular branch? I am asking since I am only now starting to
> contribute again :)
>
> -mb

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer