Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Samuel Arnod-Prin <sa...@smile.ch> on 2001/02/23 11:12:43 UTC

my own cocoon or what else ?

I have a work to do and maybe some of you can help me by giving ideas

I want to create a XML file (then transform it in html) for a whole web
site.

For a website, the page is tied into several parts, called components.
There are navigations components... and the main one : the "page". The
site is very dynamic because of access rights.

because I want to be able to use perl, asp and jsp,
I will use a loopback web site for the "page" component.
The purpose  here is to get a xml file (don't care about how is
created)
by calling a script on this loopback website.
Then I have different xml parts that I have to mix to transform with
xsl, the xsl I have to use is depending on the user (a user with a
small
connection could configure his access so that the xsl file give
something light, a girl could have a rose site.. a boy a blue one ;) )

Do you think it is worth using cocoon 1 or 2 for that ??
I think more and more that I'd rather use Xalan only and my own caching
system.

thank you for giving me your own opinion.

Re: my own cocoon or what else ?

Posted by Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz>.
On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:12:43AM +0100, Samuel Arnod-Prin wrote:
> I have a work to do and maybe some of you can help me by giving ideas
>
> I want to create a XML file (then transform it in html) for a whole web
> site.
>
> [....]
>
> Do you think it is worth using cocoon 1 or 2 for that ??
> I think more and more that I'd rather use Xalan only and my own caching
> system.

cocoon 2 will be great for this, look at actions, in c1 you will have to mess
with dynamicaly generated PIs...

> thank you for giving me your own opinion.

welcome

"Only dead fish swims with a stream"
gpg_key_fingerprint: 2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223