Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Jacques Clar <JJ...@novell.com> on 2003/01/31 20:03:42 UTC

Cache modules out of the experimental area?

We have probably over 1000 hours of testing under high loads on UP and
MP servers (up to 8) running NetWare on mod_cache and mod_mem_cache in
our performance and testing labs.
It looks like the modules are running correctly when used as local
caching mechanism.

Are there reasons why the modules are still in the experimental area?

Thank you,

Jean-Jacques Clar

Re: Cache modules out of the experimental area?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I am almost ready to +1 moving mod_cache and mod_mem_cache out of
> experimental. Almost because I believe there are some RFC 2616
> violations in mod_cache (search bugzilla) that need to be investigated.

If you are looking for RFC 2616 violations, also look in bugzilla under
mod_proxy - some of the violations have been posted there that relate to
mod_proxy + mod_cache.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Cache modules out of the experimental area?

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Jean-Jacques Clar wrote:

> We have probably over 1000 hours of testing under high loads on UP and
> MP servers (up to 8) running NetWare on mod_cache and mod_mem_cache in
> our performance and testing labs.
> It looks like the modules are running correctly when used as local
> caching mechanism.
>
> Are there reasons why the modules are still in the experimental area?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jean-Jacques Clar

I am almost ready to +1 moving mod_cache and mod_mem_cache out of
experimental. Almost because I believe there are some RFC 2616
violations in mod_cache (search bugzilla) that need to be investigated.

Bill