Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by "Astley, Colin (C.J.)" <ca...@ford.com> on 2018/03/26 15:51:16 UTC

Could there be a final Java 6 version of DeltaSpike released?

Hello,

Would you be willing to release a final Java 6 binary compatible version of DeltaSpike? Possibly a version 1.8.2? We are currently using version 1.8.0. We are unable to move to version 1.8.1 because it doesn't run on WAS 8. Thomas made a code change after 1.8.1 was released that I tested with WAS 8 and it worked. With your upcoming move to Java 8 I'm wondering if his fix can be made available in one final Java 6 release that will run in WAS 8's stock JRE 6.

Thanks for your consideration,

Colin

Re: Could there be a final Java 6 version of DeltaSpike released?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
hi colin,

mark mentioned that he should have time for it soon...

regards,
gerhard

Posted by "Astley, Colin (C.J.)" <ca...@ford.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.
it's seems to be extensible:

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colin,

Posted by "Astley, Colin (C.J.)" <ca...@ford.com>.
Hi Luis,

I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. I tested some fixes Thomas made and added to 1.8.x that make DeltaSpike Data work on WAS 8 again. It had stopped working in 1.8.1.

Colin

Thanks for clarifying that. As I'm on vacation I did even tried to use 1.8.1, but AFAIK it shouldn't work.

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colin,

Posted by "Astley, Colin (C.J.)" <ca...@ford.com>.
Hello,

Posted by "Astley, Colin (C.J.)" <ca...@ford.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
+1 for your suggestion

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if anyone else would do the actual release (i never did any release), i
would port back the fixes.
I think it's only DELTASPIKE-1313 and DELTASPIKE-1324.

Regards
Thomas