Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Szeto <rs...@vizible.com> on 2004/08/26 16:37:45 UTC

Rendered SVG file does not include images declared in XSL:FO

Hi,
   I am running into this problem with FOP 0.20.5.
I have a FO file which I render to SVG with FOP.
The output SVG does not contain/reference the images declared
by the <fo:external-graphic> tag in FO.

I read a post about this problem in as late as March of 2003.
Has this not been implemented yet?

<aside>
  Since my main goal is to render the final document to a Java
BufferedImage object,
is there another way to render FO that will do the same thing?
</aside>

Thanks
Rick

--
Rick Szeto
Server Developer

Re: Rendered SVG file does not include images declared in XSL:FO

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Rick Szeto wrote:
>> Have a look at the AWT renderer.
> The problem with that is that I will be running in a headless
> environment, so that is not an option.

Have a look at PJA. Rendering bitmaps shouldn't be completely
out of reach even on headless servers.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Rendered SVG file does not include images declared in XSL:FO

Posted by Rick Szeto <rs...@vizible.com>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Rick Szeto wrote:
>
>> I have a FO file which I render to SVG with FOP.
>> The output SVG does not contain/reference the images declared
>> by the <fo:external-graphic> tag in FO.
>>
>> I read a post about this problem in as late as March of 2003.
>> Has this not been implemented yet?
>
> No.

I didn't think so. Ok, then I will have to hack the SVGRenderer class to
add the proper output <image> tag in SVG then.  Still is good to know.
Thanks.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.