Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Meikel Bisping <M....@gmx.de> on 2005/02/24 20:07:35 UTC

Freemarker comparison - macro recursion

Of paramount importance for me is possibility to invoke a macro
recursively. Can you do that with Velocity?
But I'm only beginning to use template engines so eventually breaking
out of loops, name spaces and XML transformation capabilities
different from XSLT might become interesting in the future.

Eventually it's not only about my current issues. Other programmers
will have to decide between Velocity and FreeMarker, so it would be
good if the comparison list is correct.

Regards,

Meikel

Re: Freemarker comparison - macro recursion

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Maintenance wide, I give Velocity two thumbs up. Velocity is simple
and efficient.

We are using Velocity for our web based application and we are very
happy with it.

Jian

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.