Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/12/09 08:07:56 UTC

Idiomatic way of configuring caches on client

I'm working on Ignite Web Console.
And this utility is generating XML and java code with cluster configuration.

For server-side I generate XML and java code that describe caches.

But should I do the same when generating client node configuration?

I think that I should only generate NearCacheConfiguration in case
of client node
and do not generate CacheConfiguration in XML and java.

Also, it is a good idea to generate NearCacheConfiguration for each cache
by default?
Or better to give a choice of caches?

Thoughts?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Idiomatic way of configuring caches on client

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. We will generate server cache configs + client
> near cache configs.

Sounds good. Let’s make sure we name them properly, so users will clearly
understand which one is for what.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
I see nothing wrong with generating a server config for a client node. This
may be used in a case when server nodes are started with plain empty config
and clients are deploying caches to the grid.

Re: Idiomatic way of configuring caches on client

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.