Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Miguel Ángel Urrutia Soler <ur...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2003/01/14 10:56:01 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError using embedded

Hi
Every time I use the xindice admin tool to perform any command I receive the next error:
[INFO] embed - -No configuration file specified, going with the default configur
ation
[INFO] embed - -Database name: 'db'
[INFO] core - -Database points to D:\Xindice\xml-xindice\.\db
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/Do
cumentRange
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.newDocument(Unknown Source
)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.Database.setConfig(Database.java:170)

I'm using j2sdk1.4.1_01 on a Win2k. I have only the xalan and xerces in my endorsed dirs. Anyone knows what jar i have to add to my classpath?

Thanks in advance

Miguel Urrutia

Re: NoClassDefFoundError using embedded

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
My first guess is that the version of xalan and xerces don't match what
Xindice needs.
Look inside the jars in your endorsed dir and see if the classes exist
there.   Try
running Xindice without those jars in your endorsed dir dir.

HTH,

Mark

--
Mark J Stang