Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com> on 2012/12/07 20:04:18 UTC

Error building on Amazon Linux

I just tried building Mesos on Amazon Linux this morning, but it's failing compiling protobuf.hpp in function Result<bool> protobuf::read(int, google::protobuf::Message*) with the error:

	Comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=signed-compare]

I think I've seen this before ...

Jim Donahue
Adobe Systems

Re: Error building on Amazon Linux

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.
Thanks for the report, I'll send out a review for this today.

In the meantime, if you're keen to get going, a simple fix is to
change third_party/libprocess/include/stout/protobuf.hpp line 131 from:
  } else if (length != size) {
to:
  } else if (static_cast<uint32_t>(length) != size) {

It's interesting this only appears for you now, since this code was from
2011.

Posted by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com>.
This is off of trunk; gcc version is 4.6.2.

Error message is "In function protobuf.hpp in function 'Result<bool> protobuf::read(int, google::protobuf::Message*)': ... protobuf.hpp:131:24: Comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=signed-compare]"

Jim

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.