Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by otubo <ot...@fef.unicamp.br> on 2005/12/19 20:28:11 UTC

Webmail takes too long to send email

Hi fellowship!

    I having some trouble. I am using exim4, spamassassin and
squirrelmail. When I disable the spamassassin scanning at the exim4.conf
my browser keep thinking less than 13 seconds, but when I enable the
scanning my browser takes more than a minute to send the email.

    I´m calling the SA scanning from my acl_check_data section. The part
of the code is right below:

warn
    spam      = spamd:true
    message      = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
                          X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
                          X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar
    condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200K}{yes}{no}}

warn
    spam          = spamd
    message          = X-Spam_flag: YES
    condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200K}{yes}{no}}

dont know where is the problem, could somebody help me?

Thnaks!

Re: Webmail takes too long to send email

Posted by John Hall <jo...@cambridgetechgroup.com>.
"Stuart Johnston" <st...@ebby.com> wrote in message

> If you don't want to scan messages from the webmail, add a line like this
> above your spam scanning code:
>
> accept  hosts = 127.0.0.1:+relay_from_hosts
>
> If you do want to scan webmail messages but don't want to wait for the
> scanning to complete, you can configure you webmail to use "sendmail"
> instead of SMTP.  Although, I'm not 100% sure if exim scans mail sent
> through the sendmail interface.

Exim does not run the acl_smtp_data ACL for command-line (sendmail)
generated e-mails. If you wanted to scan these too, you would need to create
an acl_not_smtp ACL:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch39.html#id2664564

Regards,
John

Re: Webmail takes too long to send email

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
If you don't want to scan messages from the webmail, add a line like
this above your spam scanning code:

accept  hosts = 127.0.0.1:+relay_from_hosts

If you do want to scan webmail messages but don't want to wait for the
scanning to complete, you can configure you webmail to use "sendmail"
instead of SMTP.  Although, I'm not 100% sure if exim scans mail sent
through the sendmail interface.

-Stuart

Posted by "Richard.Hall" <Ri...@ingenta.com>.
It may not be the whole (or indeed any part of) the problem, but ...

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, otubo wrote:

> Hi fellowship!
>
>     I having some trouble. I am using exim4, spamassassin and
> squirrelmail. When I disable the spamassassin scanning at the exim4.conf
> my browser keep thinking less than 13 seconds, but when I enable the
> scanning my browser takes more than a minute to send the email.
>
>     I´m calling the SA scanning from my acl_check_data section. The part
> of the code is right below:
>
> warn
>     spam      = spamd:true
>     message      = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
>                           X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
>                           X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar
>     condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200K}{yes}{no}}

Exim ACLs are evaluated from top to bottom, in order, and only as far as
necessary. So rewrite that as

  warn
      condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200K}{yes}{no}}
      spam      = spamd:true
      message      = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
                            X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
                            X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar

> warn
>     spam          = spamd
>     message          = X-Spam_flag: YES
>     condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200K}{yes}{no}}

and similarly in that one.

HTH,
 Richard