Posted to user@flink.apache.org by kedar mhaswade <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/12 01:19:30 UTC

Running the executables from Flink distribution of the source build

Flink gurus!

I have built Flink from source. I find that the executables are all at:

<workspace>/flink-dist/target/flink-1.6-SNAPSHOT-bin/flink-1.6-SNAPSHOT.

However, when I try to run start-scala-shell.sh local from the bin
subfolder of this folder, it does not seem to run the simple wordcount
example. Am I doing it right? How else do people test out the distribution
of the Flink sources that the have just built?

Regards,
Kedar

PS- A tentative thread dump on JobManager shows that many threads are just
waiting on some condition variable. Appears like a livelock. The task
manager has one main thread which is also waiting.

Re: Running the executables from Flink distribution of the source build

Posted by flinkuser101 <su...@gmail.com>.
Can you try to look into log folder for error? May be some clue.

Re: Running the executables from Flink distribution of the source build

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
The scala-shell does not currently work out-of-the-box in
1.5-SNAPSHOT/1.6-SNAPSHOT.

As a workaround please add "mode: old" to conf/flink-conf.yaml.

See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8795