Posted to general@xml.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2000/10/17 17:32:28 UTC

Update of Apache Group RPMs

Hi,

I rebuild completly the Apache RPMs after the "Apache's RPM packaging layout
poll" :

- I will follow now the Debian policy for java :

	* general java jars (much like shared libs) goes to /usr/share/java
	  (xerces.jar, xalan.jar, jakarta-regexp.jar)

	* binaries goes in /usr/bin (ie /usr/bin/ant)

	* application datas goes in /var/appname (ie: /var/cocoon,
/var/tomcat, /var/tomcat°

Take a look at http://rpmized.free.fr/rpms/

	-> ant 1.1, cocoon 1.8, regexp 1.1, tomcat 3.2b6, tomcat 4.0m2,
xalan-j 1.2, xerces-j 1.2

Regards and enjoy

"Dans les révolutions, il y a deux sortes de gens: ceux qui les font et ceux
qui en profitent "
-- Napoleon

Re: Update of Apache Group RPMs

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@slib.fr>.
> I didn't see tomcat 3.1 on this list.  FWIW, I used your Tomcat 3.1
> RPM and while it ran the examples and passed the tests it would not
> run my web application.  The first thing I did was to download the 3.1
> tarball from the Jakarta site and it worked fine.  So if you rebuild
> and repackage the tomcat 3.1 RPM I will gladly test it out.

Tomcat 3.1 is really an old release. Tomcat 3.2 will be released soon and even
the 3.2beta are seens more stable than 3.1 (and correct many problems).
I don't think a new RPM for Tomcat 3.1 is necessary but if some ask for, I'll
take a look at it.

Regards

-
Unix is like a tipi -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.

Update of Apache Group RPMs

Posted by Paul Michael Reilly <pm...@pajato.com>.
GOMEZ Henri writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I rebuild completly the Apache RPMs after the "Apache's RPM packaging layout
 > poll" :
 >
 > - I will follow now the Debian policy for java :
 >
 > 	* general java jars (much like shared libs) goes to /usr/share/java
 > 	  (xerces.jar, xalan.jar, jakarta-regexp.jar)
 >
 > 	* binaries goes in /usr/bin (ie /usr/bin/ant)
 >
 > 	* application datas goes in /var/appname (ie: /var/cocoon,
 > /var/tomcat, /var/tomcat°
 >
 > Take a look at http://rpmized.free.fr/rpms/
 >
 > 	-> ant 1.1, cocoon 1.8, regexp 1.1, tomcat 3.2b6, tomcat 4.0m2,
 > xalan-j 1.2, xerces-j 1.2

I didn't see tomcat 3.1 on this list.  FWIW, I used your Tomcat 3.1
RPM and while it ran the examples and passed the tests it would not
run my web application.  The first thing I did was to download the 3.1
tarball from the Jakarta site and it worked fine.  So if you rebuild
and repackage the tomcat 3.1 RPM I will gladly test it out.

-pmr