Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> on 2007/01/24 04:54:27 UTC

ByteBuffer in .NET Client

While looking over the code base for the C# client, I noticed that the
ByteBuffer class in Qpid.Buffer looks like it's in need of some serious
refactoring. For one thing, the class has tons of commented code (most from
the original Java code, I guess), but it's a bunch of other things as well.

For example, there are methods named almost exactly the same with different
signatures (some of which don't seem to make a sense to me):

public int getUnsignedShort()
public abstract ushort GetUnsignedShort();

I think definitely there's some opportunity there for improvement in the
whole Qpid.Buffer project, but I'm not quite sure yet I understand how it
all fits together. Any comments?

Tomas Restrepo
tomas.restrepo@devdeo.com
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/