Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Florian Semm <fl...@gmx.de> on 2012/05/26 14:00:17 UTC

CI-Server

Hey,

I have some questions about our CI-Server:

1. why is it still failing?
2. get anyone alerts about the failing?

regards

Florian

Re: CI-Server

Posted by Florian Semm <fl...@gmx.de>.
Am 27.05.2012 12:03, schrieb Christian Grobmeier:
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Ivan Habunek<iv...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> It seems PHPUnit is failing. The problem could be caused by a wrong
>> include path. For some reason phpunit is included from
>> /home/gmcdonald/bin/phpunit.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't have shell access to the CI server. Maybe
>> Christian can have a look?
> Yes I can.
>
> But before I do, are there any other options we might consider? When I
> took over log4php in 2009 i had my hands full with refactoring it to
> php5 code. I didn't look in detail at the different options or
> weighted them. Given the constant trouble we have with buildbot, is
> there anything else we should consider?
>
> This is what ASF supports:
> http://ci.apache.org/
>
> We could even ask for a VM to build or stuff. Or look at things like:
> https://travis-ci.org/

Has Travis-CI special benefits, than Jenkins (or some other CI-Server)?

We can run our Maven-Project on both CI-Servers. So I haven't any favorite.

Re: CI-Server

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 27 May 2012 12:03, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We could even ask for a VM to build or stuff. Or look at things like:
> https://travis-ci.org/
>
> Thoughts?

I'm looking at Travis and it looks interesting. However, it seems to
be exclusively for use on github projects.

Now we have a mirror of log4php on github, but I'm not the owner so I
can't add it to Travis. Is it enough to become a member of Apache
(https://github.com/apache) to get the to add a project to Travis?

Regards,
Ivan

Re: CI-Server

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 27 May 2012 12:03, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But before I do, are there any other options we might consider? When I
> took over log4php in 2009 i had my hands full with refactoring it to
> php5 code. I didn't look in detail at the different options or
> weighted them. Given the constant trouble we have with buildbot, is
> there anything else we should consider?
>
> This is what ASF supports:
> http://ci.apache.org/
>
> We could even ask for a VM to build or stuff. Or look at things like:
> https://travis-ci.org/
>
> Thoughts?

Well, frankly I don't have much experience with CI so I wouldn't know
which one to pick. Do you have any preference?

Maybe if we get a VM and then we can setup whatever we want? That
would be most flexible, but also most work.

Regards,
Ivan

Re: CI-Server

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.