Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Felts <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/08 17:52:00 UTC

java.sql.SQLException from Minerva - MySQL 5.0 on Vista

I'm trying to run OpenTaps on OfBiz in Windows Vista using MySQL.

Now for the obligatory specs:

MySQL 5.0.45-community-nt via TCP/IP
Windows Vista Ultimate
Java 1.5.0_14_b03
Plenty of RAM/HD space
OpenTaps is installed in my inetpub directory.

Whenever I try to launch opentaps through the startofbiz.bat file I get
 the following error in console.log:

Error getting column meta data for Error was: java.sql.SQLException:
 General error message from server: "Can't create/write to file
 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Sever 5.0\Data\#sql_1cd0_0.MYI' (Errcode 13)". Not
 checking columns.

I have read a few similar posts out there but I can't seem to get to
 the bottom of this. I'm thinking that Vista is doing something strange
 with permissions that is preventing MySQL from creating a temp table when
 Java is accessing it.

I have granted full permissions to the entire MySQL directory for the
 "Users" account to no avail. Furthermore, I debugged OpenTaps in Eclipse
 and here is the best exception I could find:

A runtimeException which bubbled up from
 "org.ofbiz.minerva.pool.ObjectPool" in method "createNewObject".

Any thoughts?

Re: java.sql.SQLException from Minerva - MySQL 5.0 on Vista

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
this does not look like an error from ofbiz.
if so could you provide more of the ofbiz log.
I believe though that you should check with the Mysql group to see if
they have had any vista issues.

Peter Felts sent the following on 1/8/2008 8:52 AM: