Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2001/04/23 12:49:18 UTC

Changing DocumentRoot

After having noticed that embedded jsp statements *could* work
with my configuration where apache was serving http requests
while tomcat was only doing the servlets I want to switch to tomcat
as the sole webserver. At least here in a small intranet environment
I think I could afford. Don't know if tomcat can sustain heavy
load in Internet environment though and if it's fast enough
compared to apache.

Anyway, I figured out that I only had to change the port value of the
HttpConnection Handler from 8080 to 80.

But how can I change the DocumentRoot to point to /usr/locaol/www/data
(where my apache server had it's root) while maintaining the
servlets under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps?

Simply creating a symbolic link in the filesystem of the server
wouldn't work, would it?

Re: Changing DocumentRoot

Posted by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>.
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:49:18PM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> After having noticed that embedded jsp statements *could* work
                                                    ^^^^^^^
Ack, that should read *couldn't" have worked, of course.