Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2019/05/19 13:25:30 UTC

Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

We have spoken previously about combining the classic and indy jars for
Groovy 3 (using a bit of simplification around the word "combining"). To
date, we haven't done anything but some incomplete spikes for this task. I
am suggesting we now target this work for Groovy 4. Adding further module
support (Groovy 4) will no doubt require further indy bytecode and it might
make sense to focus on that all together. Groovy 3 is usable in its current
form, so pushing the indy re-work until later will let us bring out Groovy
3 sooner.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Paul.

Re: Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
I wish more Groovy users could benefit from the new features of Groovy 3 by
the end of 2019.

P.S.  the new Parrot parser is about 3 years old now... Time flies...

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Let's get 3 out sooner than later. So Indy shouldn't push 3 further.

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Agreed.