Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Damm, Gary" <ga...@qualcomm.com> on 2003/12/15 23:15:03 UTC

generating struts-config.xml using xdoclet

I have two action tags defined in a single action class.  Each action
has it's own action-forward element.  When the struts-config.xml is
generated it generates two action elements but each action element has
both action forwards (each should only have one).

/**

 * @struts.action

 * path="/HomeLink"

 *

 * @struts.action-forward

 * name="success"

 * path="/UserSearch.jsp"

 *

 * @struts.action

 * path="/UserCreateLink"

 *

 * @struts.action-forward

 * name="success"

 * path="/UserCreate.jsp"

 *

 */

generates this:

    <action

      path="/HomeLink"

      type="foo.bar.SuccessAction"

      unknown="false"

      validate="true"

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserSearch.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserCreate.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

    </action>

    <action

      path="/UserCreateLink"

      type="foo.bar.SuccessAction"

      unknown="false"

      validate="true"

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserSearch.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserCreate.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

    </action>

but I want this:

    <action

      path="/HomeLink"

      type="com.qualcomm.bds.usermgr.web.action.SuccessAction"

      unknown="false"

      validate="true"

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserSearch.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

    </action>

    <action

      path="/UserCreateLink"

      type="com.qualcomm.bds.usermgr.web.action.SuccessAction"

      unknown="false"

      validate="true"

      <forward

        name="success"

        path="/UserCreate.jsp"

        redirect="false"

      />

    </action>

Is there a way to identify that a forward tag belongs with a specific
action so when the struts-config.xml is generated each action element
only has a single forward associated with it?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Re: generating struts-config.xml using xdoclet

Posted by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca>.
On Yesterday at 2:15pm, DG=>Damm, Gary <ga...@qualcomm.com> wrote:

DG> I have two action tags defined in a single action class.  Each action
DG> has it's own action-forward element.  When the struts-config.xml is
DG> generated it generates two action elements but each action element has
DG> both action forwards (each should only have one).

Gary,

Sorry I can't give you a very helpful answer, but just wanted to let you
know that I have found that xdoclet behaves the same way for me as well.

For now, I've been cognizant of this short-coming and, so far, have not
run into a situation where it has become a problem for me.

You might want to take a look at:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=XDT-715
which has an exaplanation and a work-around for your exact problem (not
tested by me).

Cheers,
--
Haroon Rafique