Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Luke Adams <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/10 18:30:15 UTC

[Java] How to get xml data from Palette selected item

I am using netbeans 8.1.  I am working on using a Palette as a toolbar for
creating items in a graph scene. Instead of creating my own nodes for the
palette I would like to use the provided Palette factory to create my
Palette from an xml folder. Then when the graphscene is clicked on the xml
data for the selecteditem I want to parse the xml for the appropriate
action class and then instantiate it. I do not want to use drag an drop. I
see that the selected item has a xmldataobject in it's lookup, but the
document is a null document. What would be the best way to get the data I
want from this xmldataobject. For example how would I get class element
from the xml file for the selecteditem. If I am missing something or there
is an easier way to go about this please let me know.

Thanks,

Luke