Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arion <ar...@talentinfo.com.hk> on 2000/05/18 03:47:31 UTC

IIS ISAPI problem, please help

Hi!

I installed tomcat under e:\jakarta-tomcat
and have the redirector in
e:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll

The examples context in e:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\examples (unmoved)

However, I can't access the pages by
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html (ie through IIS)
It complains HTTP Error 404 (Not Found)

The page can be access by http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html
and the jakarta ISAPI Filter is up.

I know I must have something missed, but still can't figure out what it
is.

Thank you

Arion

Re: IIS ISAPI problem, please help

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.
 Can you please send me the ISAPI log file as well as the Tomcat's
logs ?

	Gal Shachor

Posted by Arion <ar...@talentinfo.com.hk>.
Hi!

Posted by 何广文 <ia...@ncec.tongji.edu.cn>.

Posted by Matt B <MB...@sourcetechcorp.com>.
> However, I can't access the pages by
> http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html (ie through IIS)
> It complains HTTP Error 404 (Not Found)

Did you add the virtual directory 'jakarta' to IIS?  From the FAQ:

Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your
 IIS/PWS web site. The name of the virtual directory must be jakarta, its
 physical path should be the directory where you placed isapi_redirect.dll
 (in our example it is d:\tomcat\bin\iis\i386). While creating this new
 virtual directory assign it with execute access.

I seem to remember getting that error when I missed that step during setup.

Matt Beckius
Source Technology Corporation
www.sourcetechcorp.com