Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2008/07/10 14:09:54 UTC

[VOTE] [ADS] Release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Hi all,

it has been 3 months since the last release (1.5.2). For the first time
on the project life, we are able to relase every 3 months :)

A lot of bugs have been fixed, and some serious ones. Some new features
have also been added.

We think we are ready for a release.

Here's the complete list of resolved or closed Jira issues:

         Release Notes - Directory ApacheDS - Version 1.5.3

Bugs :
======
  DIRSERVER-768 : provide debug output in
org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationService.checkAuthenticated()
  DIRSERVER-1031 : no credentials required to shut down server from in-vm
  DIRSERVER-1085 : Modify.RENAME operation may not work well with
multiple attributes RDN
  DIRSERVER-1087 : Installer init script does not start default instance
on startup.
  DIRSERVER-1089 : ConcurrentModificationException problem in
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.AttributesImpl
  DIRSERVER-1109 : Failure to create entry with Rdn starting with hash (#)
  DIRSERVER-1112 : ApacheDS installer creates redundant server.xml file
  DIRSERVER-1118 : Cannot have two partitions dc=example,dc=com and
dc=carrefour,dc=com at the same time.
  DIRSERVER-1151 : Cannot have multiple instance in-process listening on
different sockets / ports
  DIRSERVER-1157 : Deleting Alias entry failure
  DIRSERVER-1162 : Moddn with mulit-valued RDN mangles the entry
  DIRSERVER-1166 : a lot of Persistent searches may exhaust the
available threads
  DIRSERVER-1168 : StartTLS API activation not Working with
addExtendedOperationHandler()
  DIRSERVER-1171 : Improper use of SASL mechanisms and simple binds
  DIRSERVER-1175 : Binary installer removes '/root' partition under
certains circumstances
  DIRSERVER-1180 : NPE and hanging search request when using a filter
with empty substring sequence
  DIRSERVER-1182 : SchemaServiceIT tests are broken
  DIRSERVER-1188 : Windows Installer corrupts Windows when uninstalling.
  DIRSERVER-1196 : Filter with special characters crashes JVM

Improvements :
==============
  DIRSERVER-478 : Standarzied serialization and deserialization of Name,
Attribute, and Attributes.
  DIRSERVER-610 : Need to simplify process for changing admin password
  DIRSERVER-986 : Implement a new LDAP Filter parser
  DIRSERVER-1084 : Effective userid needs to be more flexible (per instance)
  DIRSERVER-1124 : Reduce log ERROR to WARN to avoid startup and
shutdown noise as replicas connect/disconnect
  DIRSERVER-1125 : Use the rat maven plugin with the -Prelease profile
option to generate releases
  DIRSERVER-1147 : Improve Search request with selected atttributes
  DIRSERVER-1163 : Sys-V-Init script lacks LSB header

New Features :
==============
  DIRSERVER-674 : Support for directory.service.type as a JNDI parameter
  DIRSERVER-676 : Provide a method for gathering a handle on root DSE on
behalf of any principal
  DIRSERVER-1189 : Configuration option for confidentiality: requiring
TLS secured connections for performing requests
  DIRSERVER-1190 : Add a PKG installer for Solaris

Tasks :
=======
  DIRSERVER-1053 : Review server-tools project
  DIRSERVER-1197 : Add Apache License headers to installer files with
their specific syntax for comments

Wish :
======
  DIRSERVER-931 : Provide a zip/tar.gz download for DS

         Release Notes - Directory Shared - Version 0.9.11

Bugs :
======
  DIRSHARED-2 : Second ATAV of a multi-valued RDN is not handled
correctly in Rdn.compareTo() method
  DIRSHARED-3 : Rdn.compareTo() method is not invertable
  DIRSHARED-9 : Rdn.equals() and Rdn.comparTo() don't work correctly for
multivalued RDNs

Improvements :
==============
  DIRSHARED-7 : Add setters to LdapURL class
  DIRSHARED-8 : Merge schema grammars and relax schema parser
  DIRSHARED-10 : Add support for OpenLDAP object identifier macros

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Thanks,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: [VOTE] [ADS] Release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
BTW technically we will release whatever subprojects that apacheds depends
on.  So besides shared there is daemon and the installers.

Alex

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Nice work.

[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name

Re: [VOTE] [ADS] Release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
> [X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] [ADS] Release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Let's vote now:
> [ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11
> [ ] +/-0 | Abstain
> [ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

+1

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: [VOTE] [ADS] Release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 1.5.3 and Shared 0.9.11

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com