Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org> on 2020/05/15 22:47:45 UTC

Latest Phoenix built from 4.x prevent HBase from starting

This is the exception I'm seeing.

2020-05-15 15:35:36,098 FATAL [RS_OPEN_PRIORITY_REGION-think:16201-1] regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region server think,16201,1589581955446: The coprocessor org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver threw java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/phoenix/compat/hbase/CompatRpcControllerFactory

And indeed CompatRpcControllerFactory is missing from phoenix-server.jar.

Is anybody else seeing this or am I missing something?

-- Lars

Re: Latest Phoenix built from 4.x prevent HBase from starting

Posted by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>.
And like the server jar the compat jar should be installed into Phoenix' top level directory.

On Friday, May 15, 2020, 5:51:12 PM PDT, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:

Hit this today too. It's not enough to place phoenix-server.jar on the
classpath, now you also have to select the appropriate compatibility module
and add it too. At the least installation documentation should be updated.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
  - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Latest Phoenix built from 4.x prevent HBase from starting

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Latest Phoenix built from 4.x prevent HBase from starting

Posted by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>.
I can fix that by copying phoenix-hbase-compat-1.5.0-4.16.0-SNAPSHOT.jar from phoenix/lib to hbase/lib.
That is not intended I assume. There used to be just the Phoenix server jar needed.

On Friday, May 15, 2020, 3:55:32 PM PDT, larsh@apache.org <la...@apache.org> wrote:

PHOENIX-5808 looks suspicious (I do like the change, it just may introduce this problem)