Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Daniel Reuterwall <da...@polopoly.com> on 2008/07/31 09:43:40 UTC

maven2 goal option in build definition

How can I add a maven2 -D option in my continuum build definition?
I've tried the argument field and adding it in the goal field but
neither works.

Thanks for any help or hints.

--
Daniel Reuterwall

Re: maven2 goal option in build definition

Posted by Daniel Reuterwall <da...@polopoly.com>.
I found a workaround that solved my problem. I put the build definition in
the POM within a profile. To the profile, I added a activation tag so that
the argument is needed to execute the ant targets not the other way around.
The downside is that I now need to add this argument when I build my project
manually, but I can live with that. If you find out why the argument doesn't
worked when I used it like I described before, I'd really like to hear it.

Thanks for your replies so far.
/ Daniel

Daniel Reuterwall wrote:

> <build>
>   <plugins>
>      <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>         <executions>
>           <execution>
>           	<id>clean</id>
>             <phase>clean</phase>
>              <configuration>
>               <tasks unless="maven.ant.skip">
>               	<ant antfile="${basedir}/../webapp/build.xml"
> dir="${basedir}/../webapp" inheritAll="false" inheritRefs="false">
>                   <target name="clean"/>
>                 </ant>
>               </tasks>
>             </configuration>
>             <goals>
>               <goal>run</goal>
>             </goals>
>           </execution>
>        <executions>
>      <plugin>
>   <plugins>
> <build>
> This is from the POM of the module that runs the ant targets.
>
> Really appreciate your interest.
>

> Emmanuel Venisse-2 wrote:
>>
>> Can we see your pom?
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Daniel Reuterwall <
>> daniel.reuterwall@polopoly.com> wrote:
>>

>>> 1- Yes, I use 'unless' to skip the ant task in continuum
>>> 2- I've tried to put '-Dmaven.test.skip=true' in the argument field. But

Posted by Daniel Reuterwall <da...@polopoly.com>.
<build>
  <plugins>
     <plugin>

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Can we see your pom?

Posted by Daniel Reuterwall <da...@polopoly.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jeffery, Mark" <MJ...@fnb.co.za>.
Sorry, just to make sure

Have you tried the whole line with the -D, for example

-Dmaven.test.skip=true

typed into the arguments field of the build definition ?

Posted by Daniel Reuterwall <da...@polopoly.com>.

RE: Continuum is causing a compilation error?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Sorry for the miscommunication. I did some work, and it turned out that
this issue is NOT relating to Continuum!

I made some changes to the pom.xml files to make it work as if it's
running during a Continuum session, and I was able to reproduce the same
errors by running Maven from the command line.

Thanks,

   Sameh

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
The script does not run until the end of the build, so even if it does
have a return code that Continuum thinks is an error, it should not
happen at that early stage of the build, and also it should not indicate
a compilation error in the code because it does not have anything to do
with it?

And it was working before for a long time? And now just by removing the
reference to post-site goal Continuum compiles everything successfully?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

The post-site goal which gets executed at the very end of the build
cycle runs a Perl script. The Perl script does the following functions:

1. Copy a file to a folder and unzip it.

2. Make few jar files and move them to specific folders.

3. Edit and modify a file.

4. Zip and unzip few files.

5. Runs "svn revert" on few files.

6. Runs an Ant small build to generate some javadoc files.

I successfully run the Perl script from the command line, and Continuum
used to run successfully with the post-site?

So, it is not clear why now the post-site goal has an effect on the
compilation? It is not called until the end of the build, and it does
not have anything to do with the compilation of the code?

The compilation error message is as follow:

cannot find symbol

symbol  : class ModelPerABC

location: package com.ABC.performance

When, I run the mvn form the command line, everything compiles
successfully!

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.
[...]

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.
I would also try the build template for 1.1