Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 21:12:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cordova 2.8.0

Hey,

A release candidate for 2.8.0 is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cordova/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Cordova 2.8.0.

The vote is open for the next 3 days and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 Cordova PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Cordova 2.8.0 [ ] -1 Do not release
this package because...

Here is my +1

Cheers,

-Steve

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cordova 2.8.0

Posted by Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
+1
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.
+1

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 June 2013 02:08, Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> wrote:
> This should be done on the private list if you only want PMC members to
> vote..

[Late reply, just happened to spot this]

ASF voting takes place on public lists unless there is a very good
reason to do otherwise - for example, voting on personnel issues or on
security matters.

Only PMC member votes count towards the official tally, but votes from
other developers are welcome and should be considered by the release
manager (RM) when deciding whether to proceed with a release.

For example, if a (non-PMC) developer spots a serious bug or packaging
error in the release candidate, then the RM can (should) decide to
abandon the release candidate, even if it has already had enough votes
to pass.

Equally, if other developers are able to test the release and vote +1
that is useful information for the RM, even if the vote is not
actually binding.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
And if you want to save more than 20 minutes... :)

I think creating multiple sub-issues solely for the purpose of tagging and
updating VERSION files is not worth it. You can now update all VERSION
files and add tags via:

./cordova-coho/coho create-release-branch --version 2.8.0
./cordova-coho/coho tag-release --version 2.8.0

The first command is maybe a bit funnily named in this case, as it doesn't
create a new release branch if one is already created, but it will update
VERSION files for all platforms.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Haha, o Dooney Evans..

Welp, went over things with Joe and it looks like it was an issue on my
end.. Redeployed the latest code on my phone and things are looking much
better!

Thanks Joe!

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.