Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Simon Wallis <ma...@wallis.ca> on 2006/01/02 23:53:15 UTC

ADONetAppender - can only use IP in connection string?

Hi, it seems that we can only use the IP,port of our database in the ADONetAppender connection string (log4net 1.2.8). Is there a limitation that is preventing us from using the database name, or should the database name work as well as IP,port?

cheers,
Simon.

Re: ADONetAppender - can only use IP in connection string?

Posted by si <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

> Hi, it seems that we can only use the IP,port of our database in the ADONetAppender
> connection string (log4net 1.2.8). Is there a limitation that is preventing us from using the
> database name, or should the database name work as well as IP,port?

No problems here using database name for SQL Server on log4net 1.2.9.

<appender name="AdoNetAppender_SqlServer"
type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender">
	<connectionType value="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection,
System.Data, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
	<connectionString value="Server=BLAH; database=BLAHBLAH; Integrated
Security=SSPI;" />