Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sean MacDonald <se...@opendns.com> on 2016/01/08 02:29:29 UTC

Namenode still has references to blocks on decommissioned datanode, can't recommission

I'm using CDH5.3.2 (Hadoop 2.5.0) and a datanode failed and I
decommissioned it. The namenode still has references to blocks on the node
though and that is causing issues when I try to recommission the datanode.
>From hdfs -metasave output, the active namenode says there are blocks to be
invalidated on that node, but that is not the case on the standby namenode.
>From an fsimage dump, I can see with the offline image viewer that there
are inode references for that node. I can also see in fsck output that
there are underreplicated blocks that are supposed to be on this node. How
would I go about resolving this situation? Is it safe to restart or
failover the namenode in this state? Thanks and have a great day!