Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by pradeepchanumolu <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/05 23:34:30 UTC

Number of Caches

Hi, Can someone help me with this question?

1) Is there any limit on how many caches I can create in Ignite Grid?
The reason I am asking this question is because I have a huge Ignite Grid
(capacity ~3.5TB Memory) launched on Apache Yarn and I am trying to create
like 3K caches with the ignite-client running locally and after 1K caches I
am hitting this in the client.

*Failed to wait for initial partition map exchange. Possible reasons are:
  ^-- Transactions in deadlock.
  ^-- Long running transactions (ignore if this is the case).
  ^-- Unreleased explicit locks.*

The only operation I am doing is creating caches

In the server Logs I find this error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.UUID cannot be cast to
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionMap
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionMap.equals(GridDhtPartitionMap.java:295)
        at java.util.HashMap.getNode(HashMap.java:571)
        at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(HashMap.java:595)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.update(GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.java:1158)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.processFullPartitionUpdate(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:1334)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.access$1000(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:125)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$3.onMessage(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:297)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$3.onMessage(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:295)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$MessageHandler.apply(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:2243)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$MessageHandler.apply(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:2225)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.processMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:1042)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.onMessage0(GridCacheIoManager.java:561)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.handleMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:378)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.handleMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager.access$100(GridCacheIoManager.java:99)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheIoManager$1.onMessage(GridCacheIoManager.java:293)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.invokeListener(GridIoManager.java:1556)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.processRegularMessage0(GridIoManager.java:1184)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.access$4200(GridIoManager.java:126)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager$9.run(GridIoManager.java:1097)
        at

Re: Number of Caches

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Actually, the number of caches is mostly restricted by the available memory,
since every cache implies about 20M overhead.
So, for 3K caches a rough estimate is 3000 * 20M = 60000M ~ 59G.

Please share full logs for the client node.

Kind regards,
Alex