Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Frederic Conrotte [FRSGlobal]" <fr...@frsglobal.com> on 2006/02/06 08:32:41 UTC

Tagging Sources "à la VSS"

Hi,

I'm still trying to push my company to switch from VSS (Very Sucking
Software (TM) ) to SVN
I've been looking in ths SVN doc but didn't found saying if this
functionnality is available or not.

Is there a way to have SVN adding a tag on top of each non-binary source
file ?

Something like this :

//
-----
// Last change made by         : $Author: MSmith $
// Date/Time last modification : $Modtime: 2/08/05 16:43 $
// Version number              : $Revision: 4 $
//
-----

Thanks,

Fred

Re: Tagging Sources " à la VSS"

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
"Frederic Conrotte [FRSGlobal]" <fr...@frsglobal.com> wrote on
06.02.2006 09:32:41:

> Hi,
> I'm still trying to push my company to switch from VSS (Very Sucking
> Software (TM) ) to SVN
> I've been looking in ths SVN doc but didn't found saying if this
> functionnality is available or not.
> Is there a way to have SVN adding a tag on top of each non-binary source
file ?
> Something like this :
> //

> // Last change made by         : $Author: MSmith $
> // Date/Time last modification : $Modtime: 2/08/05 16:43 $
> // Version number              : $Revision: 4 $
> //

Yeah, it's called tagging sources à la svn:keywords ;-)

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si